National Board Technical Scholarship
The National Board Technical Scholarship was created to promote engineering and STEM principles in the construction, inspection and operation of boilers and pressure vessels.
To be considered for a National Board Technical Scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Must be accepted to or be currently enrolled full-time in a trade school, technical college, or university in the United States or Canada; and
- Majoring in mechanical, manufacturing, electrical, industrial, welding, or chemical engineering, or other closely related engineering majors acceptable by the committee; and
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada; and
- Be the child, stepchild, grandchild, or great-grandchild of a past or present National Board member, National Board Commissioned Inspector, or fulltime National Board employee (either living or deceased), with a minimum of one year of service; and
- Must not have been a recipient of any previous year’s National Board Technical Scholarship.
Applications must be submitted or postmarked no later than February 28, 2024. Applications will be reviewed against the program criteria by the National Board. Scholarship recipients will be selected on a competitive basis and will be notified of their award by March 31, 2024.
- Read the application carefully and complete all sections.
- Remember to sign the last page of the application.
- Write a personal statement (500-750 words) that includes how your experiences (academics, extracurricular activities and work/internship activities) have shaped your educational and career goals and why you should be considered as a recipient for the National Board Technical Scholarship award.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation from instructors and/or other school representatives on official school letterhead.
- Provide an official transcript on school letterhead from your college, university, trade school or high school.
- Provide college acceptance letter with anticipated start date (high school students only).
- Complete the online application or email or mail the completed application including your statement, letters of recommendation, transcript and reference information to the National Board:
Attention: National Board Scholarship Administrator
1055 Crupper Ave
Columbus, OH 43229
Please contact the National Board’s Scholarship Administrator by phone at 614.431.3206 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.